Fall just makes me want to eat pumpkin. Unfortunately, many delicious pumpkin things (pie, bread, cookies, muffins, donuts, ice cream -- the list goes ON and ON) are sugary, fattening, calorie filled guilt on a plate. Well -- great news! I have figured out a guilt free way to have all of that pumpkin-y spice-y goodness without all of the fat and calories. Pumpkin Pudding Parfaits!
If you make this into little parfaits, they are so darn cute -- but let's be honest, it tastes just as good if you throw it all into a little bowl and call it a day. Enjoy!
1 box sugar free fat free instant vanilla pudding
1 cups skim milk
7.5 oz canned pumpkin puree (1/2 of a small can)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 - 2 cups light Cool Whip
4 low fat cinnamon graham crackers
1/4 cup Planter's cinnamon pecans
- Prepare pudding according to package directions. Be sure to whisk for the full two minutes as the box instructs to ensure creamy texture.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Allow to set up in the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes (longer is better).
- In 4 small glasses (I used juice glasses), spoon in about 1/3 cup of pumpkin pudding, spreading with a spoon to create an even layer.
- Next, add a layer of cool whip, followed by the last layer of pumpkin pudding.
- Top with a dollop of cool whip and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers and pecans.
- Enjoy immediately while graham crackers are still crunchy.
Servings: 4 parfaits
Nutrition Info: Calories - 130, Fat - 3g, Dietary Fiber - 3g, Protein - 6g